Saturday, December 5, 2009

Settling In






Hello All,

So far so good in Kosovo. Work has been keeping me busy, again not swamped, but busy. I have finally settled in to what will be "home" (i use that term loosely) until late summer 2010. I have attached some pics of the building, bathrooms, and my living area. I am not sure way i feel the need to show everyone pictures of the bathrooms. i guess that was a common question when i was in Afghanistan. So far on this trip they are pretty normal, besides the gas chamber looking showers in Germany.
Other big news for me. I wasnt planning on taking my r&r leave this time around, just thought i would save it for the end and do something fun with the family, but a couple of weeks ago i received an email that said there were open slots for January. So, after some discussion with Elsie, we decided that i should come home. So as of now i will be back in ND sometime mid-january. We hope to make it to the Aasen ANT camp weekend in MN for a while, back to Bis/Man for Eves bday (she will be 5, crazy) and then just lots of hang low time with Elsie and the kids. Probably try to work a trip back the Regent in there. No big plans, we learned our lesson last time. We plan on emphasizing the R&R (rest and relaxation) and me not throwing Elsie and the kids' routine off too much.
I have just received and decorated my living space with the Christmas things that Elsie and the kids made and sent. They did something very similar last time. It will probably stay on the walls until it is time to leave here.
There is not much else to report. It is kind of ground hog day for me, every one pretty much like the one before it. I have been doing the P90X workout series. I would recommend it to anyone, just be prepared to sweat (a lot).
I hope that everyone has had a safe and happy holiday season.
Take Care
Jay

1 comment:

klak said...

It'd be great to see you in January!! Hope you had a good turkey day and will have a great Christmas too! (as good as you can, that far from home)
Love and Hugs,
auntie Karen