Friday, September 11, 2009

Here we go again, Again.


Today we watched via video feed a memorial of ND Fallen Soldiers from the War on Terror. It was a great ceremony. The tribute to the Soldiers and their families was very fitting. It will be a reminder every time I enter Fraine Barracks in Bismarck of how fortunate I am to have known 3 of those HEROES. It was an emotional time as a large group was watching the ceremony. Due to the size of the ND guard many of the soldiers on this MOB had personal relationships with at least one of the Soldiers memorialized. So on this, the 8th Anniv. of 9/11/01, I want to remember Nathan Goodiron, Curtis Mehrer, and Travis VanZoest as American Heroes. REMEMBER!

We finished our last training exercise a couple of days ago. A great feeling to have that done. It was interesting. There are a lot people here, with a lot of knowledge that provide great feed-back. Sometimes it is difficult to deal with because they know so much more than you and have so much more experience then I do. You just take as much as you can make as many of the corrections as you can and drive on with what you are doing. I learned quick that 2 is the magic number. Once they correct you twice get it fixed. That didn't happen much. Again i am learn a ton about about my job and those i work with but also about the culture that we are going to be operating in during the MOB.
Eve and Gil started gymnastics a couple of weeks ago. It sounds like they are doing well. Gil, probably typical for a almost 3yr old (SEP 13) doesn't do well if he has to stand in a line for more then 15 sec. Eve has also started 3 day-a-week pre-school. She enjoys it. She has the same teachers as last year, but very few of the same classmates.
Happy Birthday to Mom (Dorothy Sheldon), you make 4o look easy. HaHa.
Take Care.
Jay

PS i have added some pics of the soldiers that i have mentioned in previous writings and one of my new glasses. Offically called BCGs (Basic Combat Glasses) normally referred to as Birth Control Glasses, I call mine BCBSDs (Basic Combat B---s--- Deflectors)

No comments: